Benifits & Properties not found !
Direction for cooking not found !
“Black rice is one of the handful of superfoods. This rice is so flavorful and has a very unique presentation as it cooks up to a deep purple color. This rice goes great with just about any meal as a nice healthy diet.
- 2 tablespoons butter from OOO Farms
- 1 cup black rice (soaked for 8 to 12 hours) from OOO Farms
- ¼ Diced onions & and 8 to garlic pods
- ¼ cup shallow fried onions
- ¾ cup of water
- Topping of your choice (steamed vegetables, cottage cheese, steamed mushroom, tofu, chicken, shrimp etc.)
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add black rice, onion & garlic, preferred topping and almonds; cook and stir until lightly toasted, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed 25 to 30 minutes.