- Chemical Free
- Nutritionally Rich Nourishes the body tissues
- Aids in Healing Gut Flora
- Great Rice to have it with hot curries
- Short, Non Sticky, Short, Slender Easily digestable
- Low Glycemic Index, Good For Diabetic
- Good as First Baby Food
- Soak rice in water for 15-20 minutes,
- Then Drain water. This will do away with the extra starch
- Take a deep thick bottomed pan. Heat 1 tsp oil(Optional).
- Add rice and saute for 1 minute.
- Add 2.25 cups hot water.
- Turn heat to low and cover the pan for 15 minutes.
- Do not wash the rice too much as it will wash away the Nutrients & These are Chemical Free Rice doesnt need much Wash
Tips: Do not Throw the Soaked Water, You can Make Good Use of It
- Rice water for skin lightening. Many websites recommend using rice water to lighten the skin or reduce dark patches. ...
- Rice water for the face. ...
- Dry skin. ...
- Damaged hair. ...
- Digestive upsets. ...
- Eczema, acne, rashes, and inflammation. ...
- Eye problems. ...
- Sun damage protection.
Masale Bhat recipe | masala bhaat | Maharashtrian Masala Bhaath
||Indian - Maharashtrian
||2 to 3
|For Preparing Masala
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp cumin / jeera
- ½ tsp sesame seeds / til, white / brown
- 1 star anise
- ¼ tsp poppy seeds / khasakhas
- 1 black cardamom
- ½ inch cinnamon stick
- 5 cloves
- 1 tbsp dry coconut / copra
- ¼ tsp black pepper
|For Masale Bhat
- 1 tbsp Ghee / Clarified Butter
- 1 tsp mustard / rai
- ½ tsp cumin / jeera
- 1 bay leaf / tej patta
- pinch of hing / asafoetida
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chilli, slit
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 to mato, finely chopped
- 15 whole cashew / kaju
- 1 cup mixed vegetables, peas, gobi, carrot, Vaal papdi ( Bean Pod) , Brinjal,
- 1 potato, cubed
- ½ tsp turmeric / haldi
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 cup short grain rice, basmati rice tukda / sona masuri rice, soaked 20 minutes
- 2½ cups water, adjust accordingly
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh coconut, grated
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
Method To Cook Authentic Maharashtrian Masale Bhat
- Dry roast all the spices with a tsp of oil. Add dry coconut and continue to roast for a minute.
- You can skip dry roasting the spices if you have goda masala
- Blend All the Dry Roasted Masala to coarse powder and keep the prepared Masala aside.
- In a large kadai heat 1 tbsp ghee and saute 1 tsp mustard, ½ tsp cumin, 1 bay leaf and pinch of hing.
- Now add ½ onion and saute well.
- Then add 2 green chilli and 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste. saute well.
- Furthermore add 1 tomato and saute till they turn soft and mushy.
- Now add 15 whole cashew and 1 cup mixed vegetables along with potato & Brinjal. saute well.
- Now add a bit Oil in the center of the Vessel and there add ½ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp chilli powder and 2-3 tsp of prepared masala. or alternatively use goda masala.
- Saute the spices on low flame for a minute.
- Add 1 cup Ajara Ghansal Rice from OOOFarms, soaked for 20 minutes.
saute for a minute. this prevents rice grains from sticking to each other.
- Add in 2½ cups water and 1 tsp salt.
- Stir well, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Simmer till the rice gets cooked well completely and water is absorbed.
add in 2 tbsp fresh coconut and coriander leaves and also some fried Onions.
- Now serve masale baath with curd or raita or kokum serbet / Limbu serbet or Sol Kadhi