Ooo Farms Produce
BITTER FIELD BEAN / HYACINTH BEAN
KNOWN AS 'MEAT OF POOR PEOPLE' DUE TO RICH PROTEIN CONTENT
IMPORTANT TRIBAL PULSE
CRUDE PROTEIN CONTENT IS HIGHER THAN COMMONLY CONSUMED LEGUMES
GOOD SOURCE OF CALORIES ESPECIALLY FOR UNDERWEIGHT CHILDREN WITH MALNOURISHMENT
GOOD SOURCE OF MINERALS SUCH AS CALCIUM, IRON, COPPER, ZINC, POTASSIUM AND MAGNESIUM
HIGHER LIEVEL OF ARCORBIC ACID CONTENT
- Considered to be an Old World Bean cultivsted since ancient times.
- Native to Southeast Asia and then introduced to Africa and other tropical and subtropical countries.
- Contain a remarkably high level of protein.
- This legume acts as a good source of calories which would be antimarasmus, especially infant nutrition.
- Higher level of potassium which is especially good for patients taking diuretics to control hypertension.
- Good source of minerals for bone formation.
- High levels of niacin and ascorbic acid content.
- The tubers of these Bitter Field Beans are pounded and used as medicine to treat chickenpox.
- The Koli tribe love their Kadve Vaal or bitter field beans. The sprouted and de-skinned beans are cooked with onions and coconut to make a delicious curry. But the dish is notorious for its flatulence-inducing properties. So, a meal featuring Kadve Vaal curry would invariably be followed by Kokum sharbat.
- KADWE VAALACHI BIRDE
- VAALACHI RASSA BHAAJI
- VAL USAL
- VAAL PULAO
Please login to provide your feedback.