Ooo Farms Produce
HIGH IN FOLATE
OBESITY / WEIGHT LOSS DIET
HIGH FIBRE & LOW GLYCEMIC INDEX
RICHEST SOURCE OF PROTEIN
- Black Gram originated in South Asia, where it has been in cultivation since ancient times.
- It has been then introduced to tropical areas like Caribbean, Fiji, Maurititus, Myanmar and Africa mainly by Indian immigrants.
- Balck Gram, Green Gram and lentil find a mention in ancient Vedic texts as well.
- In medieval India, Black Gram is said to have been used in making crucibles (ceramic or metallic containers) impermeable.
- It is the richest source of protein (24%-26%) for human and animal nutrition.
- Black Gram has a high level of starch (35%).
- Black gram is a rich source of protein, Vitamin B, potassium, calcium, iron, niacin, thiamine and riboflavin.
- It is the only pulse that has more than 10 times of phosphorous than any other pulse.
- The unique type of protein present in black grams strengthen muscle fibers.
- Ayurveda describes black gram or Masha as a bean that is sweet to taste but hot in potency, that can calm down and regularize the imbalances caused due to Vata.
- Ayurvedic practitioners prescribe including urad dal in daily diet for the women of reproductive age to balance hormones and strengthen the reproductive organs.
- It also increases Kapha and Pitta and is recommended for men suffering from erectile dysfunction, low sperm count and motility.
- IDLI / DOSA
- MEDU VADA
- SPROUTED BLACK GRAM WITH MILK
- URAD DAL PINNIE / ADADIYA
Please login to provide your feedback.