Ooo Farms Produce
DONGAR GREEN PEAS / GREEN VATANA
RICH IN B VITAMINS
RICH IN LYSINE
PROMOTES WEIGHT LOSS
LOW GI FOOD
GOOD SOURCE OF SELENIUM
SAPONIN-RICH LEGUME WHICH HELPS REDUCE CHOLESTROL
GOOD DIETARY ENERGY VALUE
- The wild pea is restricted to the Mediterranean Basin and the Near East.
- The earliest archaeological finds of peas date from the late Neolithic era of current Greece, Syria, Turkey, Israel, Iraq and Jordan.
- In Egypt, early finds date from c. 4800–4400 BC in the Nile delta area, and from c. 3800–3600 BC in Upper Egypt.
- The pea was also present in Georgia in the 5th millennium BC.
- Farther east, the finds are younger. Peas were present in Afghanistan c. 2000 BC; in Harappan civilization around modern-day Pakistan and western- and northwestern India in 2250–1750 BC. In the second half of the 2nd millennium BC, this legume crop appeared in the Ganges Basin and southern India.
- Peas are a valuable source of protein for both man and animals.
- Starch and fibre are a major component of peas. The properties of both their starch and fibre constituents make peas a low-glycemic index food, and hence beneficial in the prevention and management of type 2 diabetes.
- Peas contain a variety of phenolics, with the highest concentrations of mostoccurring in the seed coat, particularly in dark-seeded varieties. The seed coat of dark-coloured pea varieties contained glycosides of quercetin, luteolin and apigenin, all which contribute in antioxidant activities.
- FRIED SNACK
- PATAL BHAJI
- VATANA USAL
- BENGALI GHUGNI
Please login to provide your feedback.