Ooo Farms Produce
KHAPLI / EMMER WHEAT
LOW IN FAT
LOW IN GLUTEN
LOW IN GLYCEMIC INDEX
HIGH IN FIBRE
EXCELLENT SOURCE OF CAROTENOID LUTEIN
MOTHER OF DURUM & BREAD WHEAT
- Emmer Wheat is native to the Fertile Crescent of the Middle East, from modern-day Israel to Iran.
- It was found in a lot of Neolithic sites around the Fertile Crescent.
- Small amounts of grains were also found in Mehrgarh in India suggesting that Emmer was cultivated here by 7000-5000 BC.
- Known as the Mother of Durum and Bread Wheat
- Emmer Wheat differs from modern wheat varieties in some components, the most notable being its high content of carotenoid lutein. Lutein is related to beta-carotene and Vit. A, commonly known as 'the eye vitamin'.
- It also had high antioxidant compound concentrations, higher fibre, high protein digestibility, high resistent-starch content and slower carb digestibility.
- Emmer Wheat being low in glycemic index and high satiety value is great for diabetic patients.
- ROTI / CHAPPATI
- PANE DI FARRO (EMMER BREAD)
- MINESTRA DI FARRO (SOUP WITH BROKEN WHEAT AND BEANS)
- KHAPLI GAVACHI KHEER
Please login to provide your feedback.