Ooo Farms Produce
LOW IN GLUTEN
LOW IN GLYCEMIC INDEX
HIGH IN FOLIC ACID
HIGH IN MINERAL CONTENT
- Native wheat variety of India.
- It was first cultivated during the Indus Valley Civilization.
- It was mostly concentrated in north-west India, Sindh, Punjab and Saurashtra regions.
- Nine varieties of this wheat have been documented including white and red grains.
- Paigambari Wheat has a low glycemic index of 55, high protein content and low in gluten, thus making it an ideal choice for people with diabetes.
- It also contains folic acid which is excellent for pregnant women and nursing mothers. Paigambari is the only variety to contain Folic Acid.
- Paigambari Wheat was on a decline after the advent of Green Revolution, but the efforts of Pingalwara Ashram near Amritsar saved it. They used to distribute 10 seeds of Paigambari as prasad to the devotees, who then sowed them, increasing the yield and saving it from extinction.
- Known for its pearl size and shape.
- SOFT ROTIS
Please login to provide your feedback.