Ooo Farms Produce
RED LENTIL / MASOOR
ONE OF THE MOST NUTRITIOUS AND HEALTH IMPROVING FOODS
GOOD AMOUNTS OF ESSENTIAL MACRONUTRIENTS
GOOD AMOUNTS OF BIOACTIVE PHYTOCHEMICALS
USEFUL IN MANAGEMENT & PREVENTION OF SEVERAL CHRONIC ILLNESSES
EXHIBITS ANTICANCER PROPERTIES
HIGH FIBRE CONTENT
HELPS ON DIABETIC CONTROL
ANTIOXIDANT AND ANTI-INFLAMMATORY PROPERTIES
- Lentil originated in the Turkey-Cyprus region (Southwest Asia) and South Asia is a center of its diversity.
- Archaeological investigations have revealed the presence of lentil as far back as 8500–6000 BC in the Turkey-Syria-Iraq region.
- Also, Masura has been mentioned in the Brahadaranyaka (c. 5500 BC), a commentary on the Rigveda (c. 8000 BC) and also in the Yajurveda (c. 7000 BC). We find the same word masura for lentil written by Charaka (c. 700 BC), Susruta (c.400 BC), Kautilya (c. 321–296 BC), and by later authors. Red Lentils have been a part of the Indian subcontinent from ancient times.
- The word masura means a pillow in Sanskrit since both sides of most South Asian lentils have a convex shape.
- Ayurvedic treatises consider lentil to be a highly nutritious pulse, second only to the green gram or mung bean.
- Lentil plants are supposed to be therapeutic. Lentil seeds are used in the folk medicine of many ethnicities to treat different illnesses. They are used orally to treat diabetes, topically as a water paste to treat skin infections and for the treatment of burns, after being roasted, milled and applied directly to affected areas.
- Red Lentil protein hydrolysates contribute to blood-pressure lowering effects of lentils.
- Scientists have found that an addition of about 50 gms of cooked lentils to a diabetic patient diet led to a significant decrease in fasting blood glucose.
- The high fiber content and low glycemic response of lentils have been looked at as a means for increasing satiety, reducing the food intake, and thus controlling body weight. Among four different pulses, lentils exhibited the strongest satiating properties, resulting in lower food intake compared to other dietary meals.
- Lentils are dietary component traditionally consumed in populations where cancers of the colon, breast, and prostate are low. In a prospective study on 90,630 women by Adebamowo et al, lentils or beans were the only two foods that exhibited an inverse association with the risk of breast cancer. The reasons behind the association between lentil consumption and reduced cancerrisks and incidence could be ascribed to different inherited characteristics and profound constituents for lentils, one of which is polyphenolics.
- Lentils contain considerably high amount of the pivotal folic acid.
- RED LENTIL SOUP
- RED LENTIL FALAFEL
- LENTIL SALAD
Please login to provide your feedback.